- How To Download Torrent
- How Download Torrent From Url To Google
- How Download Torrent From Url Windows 10
- Add Torrent From Url
However, adding a torrent through our direct URL form may not work with some sites. Make sure that the link is to a.torrent file and not a text or an HTML file. “Upload.torrent file”: use this method If you don't know how to copy an URL or in case you're using a private torrent tracker. The torrent download speed depends on the number. Sep 12, 2017 - Ok, i got the downloading of.torrent to work now, code below: def get_torrent(site): results = site url = '.
Jan 14, 2012 - While it is still possible to download torrent files directly from the site, most users will probably click on the first download link they see that is not. The answer to 'Using info hash to download files' is. The infohash is a MD5 schecksum used to verify the the file(s) are the correct ones and have not been altered since the hash was created. This wikiHow teaches you how to find, download, and open torrent files on your computer. A torrent is a simple file that contains information needed to access.
The top torrent sites currently include old favorites like The Pirate Bay, as well as very popular torrent sites like RARBG, 1337X, Torlock, YTS.ag, TorrentDownloads, and LimeTorrents.
That said, we know that the best torrent site is always the one that has the high-quality torrent you're after, and with the most seeders, so a large and thorough list of torrent sites, like those in the list below the torrents that are the best of the best, is always a welcome resource to find.
We don't condone illegal sharing of copyrighted files. Please see our full disclaimer and warning for new torrent users at the bottom of the page.
Tips for New Torrent Users
If you're new to torrents, we have two resources that will help you get started in torrenting.
- Torrent File Sharing: A Beginner's Guide: Learn how BitTorrent file sharing works, what a torrent file is, how to protect yourself, and how to get to the movies and music you're after in the safest and efficient way possible.
- How to Spot Fake Torrents: Fake torrents are a big problem and not one a newcomer might assume is something she or he has to worry about. This article contains lots of torrent site searching tips to keep you out of harm's way.
Also, be sure you're running fully updated anti-malware software before you visit any of these sites, and try one of the Best VPN Service Providers that can help keep your torrent activity, and other browsing, private and secure. Also, if you're new to torrents, don't forget that you'll need a torrent client to get these files.
All torrent sites below are working unless otherwise noted, at least as of the last update to this page. Let us know ([email protected]) if we need to adjust a listing.
The Top Torrent Sites
These seven sites made the top of the list. They're not the only torrent sites out there, but they are among the best.
This torrent site is a classic, and one of the most popular on the web. TPB has been around in one incarnation or another for a long time and the torrents here are, and have always been, trusted.
Icons on each download help users quickly see if a seeder is trusted or a VIP which helps to ensure safe downloads.
TPB occasionally moves around. If you're still experiencing issues reaching TPB, try these listings on the ProxyBay. It's possible you'll find another way into the site.
This torrent site is for movie enthusiasts. It's full of quality, high-resolution video torrents.
Top 10 lists help users find the most popular movies on the site, and a detail page for the download includes a variety of information from the size of the file and the date it was added to actor information, and the number of seeders and leechers for the download.
At RARBG, it’s about quality, not quantity.
If you're after older or more obscure torrents, 1337X might be for you. Their torrent database isn't nearly as large as some others, but it might have just what you're after. The front page is regularly updated with current and popular information about torrents, torrenting, and categories of interest.
The level of advertising you’ll encounter on this site is frustrating. Links often require two clicks..one to bring up an ad (in a separate window) and one to actually access the information you want. However, once you get passed the advertising, the search result pages contain lots of useful information.
This is the 'no fake torrent' site you've been waiting for. The site actually pays its users $1 per fake torrent they find, and claims to have more than 5 million verified torrents.
You’ll find current and popular files to download in movies, anime, software, games, and music, as well as other categories, and a Top 100 list lets you know what’s most popular with the most seeders and peers.
Focusing exclusively on movies, YTS.am (or YTS.ag) has an easy-to-use layout and a wide variety of titles both old and new. The torrents themselves are known to be easy on bandwidth, which will make those with data caps happy.
YTS.am is the unofficial successor to the now-defunct YTS/YIFY group, which closed its virtual doors in 2015. The current site has a massive user base, too, which helps the bittorrent protocol work more efficiently.
We love the super straightforward torrent detail page at TorrentDownloads. That would be reason enough to give this one a try but the big database and high quality of torrents make it a great choice.
Users can find current torrents in a variety of categories. The ability to rate files and leave comments on files helps to reduce the number of fake files found on the site. An Advanced Search option also allows users to narrow the field of possible returns by category, provider, and status.
You don't want to miss this site in your torrent search. Users report the size of their database is impressive and the frequency of legitimate torrents is enough to keep them coming back.
It’s easy to quickly determine whether a torrent is worth downloading. Internal lists show the date added, size, seeder and leechers, as well as a health meter for each file. The information page for each download also provides additional information about the file.
Other Torrent Search Sites
There are way more than just seven torrent sites out there, of course. We’ve compiled the following list, just in case you want to explore beyond the ones above.
The advertisements on many of these sites are often of the NSFW variety. You should use caution when accessing these sites from public computers or with children present.
- Popcorn Time: Popcorn Time is a site dedicated to streaming movies for free, so in the strictest of terms, it's not a torrent download site. However, if you don't mind watching movies on your PC, you'll find plenty of options here, and you can watch them as often as you like.
- Torrentz2: This is like a super torrent index, searching for torrents across dozens of other torrent sites. You can see the complete list in their Sites in our index page.
- ETTV Torrents: This is a good, active site that includes television episodes. The site search functionality is good enough and the site has a nice, clean design.
- Torrent Galaxy: A decent database of torrents, good search features, and a clean website design make Torrent Galaxy another site you want to include in your search.
- KAT: This is the official torrent site! Don't be tricked by mirrors of the same name.
- EZTV: You won't find every torrent you're after here, but users say the quality of the torrents you do find is consistently good. This site, like others, can go down sometimes; a little bit of patience will likely see it back up.
- Torrents.me: This meta torrent site isn't too special among all the others but we love the amazing dashboard on their home page. If you're a data nerd and a torrent fan, you'll appreciate what they've done.
- Monova: A nice, clean design is reason enough to spend time on this torrent site. Advertising can be an issue at times but if you can get over that, it's a great torrent site.
- Toorgle: This is another meta torrent search engine, pulling the databases in from over 450 torrent sites into one place.
- Seedpeer: With a sizable database of torrents, Seedpeer is and always has been a great place to search. The interface isn't as nice as some others, but it's still a very usable site.
- TorrentFunk: This is a pretty popular torrent site, in no small part due to its verified status indication, as well as user reviews.
- Zooqle: This is another torrent site you don't want to skip in your search. Users love the size of their database and the frequency of legitimate torrents.
- BitTorrent Database: With a huge database and pretty clean interface that's devoid of advertisements, it's no wonder this multi-million strong collection of torrents is one we frequently hear about.
- YourBittorrent: The clean interface is a big reason to try this torrent searcher..especially if you're new to BitTorrent.
- 7tor: 7tor appears to be a Russian website, though the greatest traffic to this site comes from Pakistan. However, the site is minimally maintained, and only available if enough users donate to support the monthly hosting for the site. It does appear that torrents are still being added to the site, so you may be able to find obscure titles here.
- rutracker: Another site that appears to be Russian, this site is currently active and appears to have current torrents available. Rutracker also offers distribution awards, a hall of fame, and more.
- Pirateiro: This English-language site, offers a variety of downloads, including current and older files. A word cloud at the top of the home page lets users know what the most popular searches on the site are.
- Nyaa: Nyaa is a Chinese-language site that also seems to have some English- and other languages available in downloads. You can easily track seeders and peers on the downloads you find here, as well as the ability to comment on files.
- ArenaBG: This Bulgarian site was restricted in Bulgaria. It’s now based in Frisco, Texas. The site is fairly easy to use, once you translate it to your preferred language, and offers both current downloads and older files.
Disclaimer & Torrent Legal Warning
Lifewire does not condone illegal sharing of copyrighted material. While P2P file sharing technology itself is completely legal, many of the files traded through P2P are indeed copyrighted. Uploading these copyrighted files puts you at risk of a civil lawsuit in the USA, Canada, Australia, and the UK, at a minimum.
Lawsuits can be targeted at individual users or groups of users. These P2P civil lawsuits are very real and, whether or not they are successful, they are often an extreme financial and emotional burden on the defendants.
Additionally, your Internet Service Provider may choose to release a history of your download and upload activity to potential copyright plaintiffs. In general, the more data you download and upload, the more risk you have of being sued by copyright protection groups.
Hear the word 'torrent' and you probably think of piracy, but the technology can be used perfectly legally to share open source, public domain and copyright-free movies, software, books, music, podcasts and much more. It's also gaining traction as a legitimate way for artists to distribute their work; companies including Blizzard Entertainment and CCP Games have chosen to use torrents to distribute content legally.
How To Download Torrent
The key benefit of using torrents is that the file you want can be downloaded from several locations at the same time, speeding things up dramatically. If you want to download in this way, you'll need a torrent client. Here, we'll show you how to use one of the best: uTorrent (also known as µTorrent).
1. Get uTorrent
The first thing you'll need to do is to grab uTorrent, which is completely free to download and use. Double-click the executable file to start the installation and click 'Next' on the following two screens. Click 'I agree' after reading the license agreement, then click 'Next'.
You should leave the option to create a firewall rule checked, then decide whether to have uTorrent run at startup before clicking 'Next'. uTorrent's installer include adware, so click 'Decline offer' to avoid installing it, and repeat for any other offers that appear. Click 'Finish' to complete the process.
Review and where to download: uTorrent
2. Find a source
Now you need to find a source of torrents. There are lots of legal options, such as The Internet Archive, where you'll find an extensive collection of music, software, TV shows, movies, books and more, all available free and legally.
For this tutorial, we're going to see what Charlie Chaplin movies are available from the Charlie Chaplin Festival collection. On the page for the movie, you'll see a 'Torrent' link. Click this and download the .torrent file.
3. Select your files
Torrent files are tiny, so it will be downloaded almost instantly. Double click it and uTorrent will open showing you the files that are associated with the torrent. You'll usually want to download all of them, but can also untick the box next to any files you're not interested in.
Use the option to the left of the window to choose where the files should be saved, add a label if you feel this would be helpful, and then click the 'OK' button.
4. Check the stats
Switch to the main uTorrent interface and select the 'Torrents' section on the left of the program window to see details of all the torrents currently downloaded. You can ignore most of the information here, but it's handy to keep an eye on the speed of a download and the estimate of how long it will take to complete.
5. Understand magnet links
As well as using torrent files as described above, you'll also encounter magnet links. These work in very much the same way, but cut out the extra step of having to download an extra file to start downloading a movie or other content.
Magnet links can be used to download any type of file, but here we're using one to download the open source OpenOffice suite. The beauty of magnet links is that they're so simple to use; just click the link and uTorrent will open up ready to start the download.
6. Prioritize downloads
If you're downloading two or more torrents at the same time, you may want to decide which is downloaded first. The quickest way to do this is to switch to the main uTorrent window, select the torrent you want to prioritize in the right-hand side of the window, and click the up arrow (repeatedly if necessary) to move it up the list. Conversely, you can use the down arrow button to move a particular download down the list.
How Download Torrent From Url To Google
7. Limit bandwidth usage
To prevent your downloads from slowing down other web browsing too much, you can place a limit on download speeds. Double-click a torrent you're downloading in the right-hand side of uTorrent and the Torrent Properties dialog will appear. Here you can adjust the maximum upload rate and maximum download rate to your desired speed in KBps.
Note that if you leave the values at the default setting of 0, all available bandwidth will be used.
8. Seed the file
Using torrents to download files is a form of peer-to-peer (or P2P) networking, which means that everyone downloading particular files shares the burden of responsibility.
How Download Torrent From Url Windows 10
Once a download is complete, it's good etiquette to leave the torrent running so other can continue to download from you. This is known as seeding.
When you've done this for a while, you can remove the torrent or magnet link from uTorrent by right-clicking the entry in the list to the right of the program window and selecting 'Remove and delete .torrent'.
Add Torrent From Url
You can enjoy your downloaded file while you're seeding, so there's no need to wait to watch that video you've been waiting so eagerly to see!.