If you are an avid Kodi user, you must’ve used the Genesis back in the day as it was one of the best Kodi addons. Unfortunately, Genesis along with Exodus, Elysium and a bunch of other unofficial ones was shut down. But, just because Genesis was shut down, that doesn’t mean you can’t install it anymore. The new updated version of Genesis is now available as Genesis Reborn. You can follow the steps given in this guide to install Genesis Reborn on Kodi 17.6 Krypton as well as Kodi Jarvis. For your convenience, I’ve tested this particular Addon on PC, Mac, Android, Amazon FireStick, and Raspberry Pi. It is currently working without any issues. If you find any problems while installing or streaming, report in comments below.
Update: Genesis Reborn is no longer functional. You may look at other working addons for movies and shows on our Best Kodi Addons list.
Note:Kodi Add-ons are like search engines and finds the content you are looking for. These should not be used to stream copyright content which is unlawful. If found streaming illegal content, you could get into serious legal troubles.Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
It rose from the ashes of Genesis to satisfy the users with more features and updated links. This Genesis Reborn kodi addon stream Movies, Tv Programs in a High Defined quality. Genesis reborn kodi addon is designed by the Jesus Box media team. With the help of this Genesis Reborn kodi addon, you can Search whatever content you want. 25 Best addons to watch movies on Kodi. The best Kodi movie addons can all be found in the official Kodi addon repository. To watch movies on Kodi, you’ll want to install the following addons. We do not recommend Covenant to Kodi users. Genesis Reborn. Unless you have a movie rental service that lets you download those movies, you won. Apr 19, 2017 - If you're looking to download Movies and TV Shows from Kodi, look no. If you're using Genesis Reborn over Exodus, just repeat the same.
Kodi Add-ons offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming copyrighted Movies / TV shows / Sports. Kodi users are strongly advised to always use a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
After trying several paid and free VPNs myself, I found ExpressVPN to be the best VPN for Kodi. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Moreover, ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Click HERE to get 3-months free and save 49% on ExpressVPN
Genesis Reborn, Fork of old Genesis which went down along with one of the top repository is one of the best addon for watch Movies and TV Shows. We’ll install the addon from Jesus Box Repository. NOTE: This addon is a 3rd party addon and not supported by the Kodi Team and so do not try to post questions related to this addon on the Kodi.
How to Install Genesis Reborn on Kodi (PC and FireStick)
All Kodi 17.6 Krypton and Jarvis users can follow this Step-by-Step guide to install the Genesis Reborn on Kodi. The guide will work for Windows PC, Mac, and FireStick users.
Note: Jesusboxrepo is not working now. I will update the new working repo, if any. Meanwhile, you can install Genesis Add-on from Kodil repo. I have added the installation steps next to this Genesis Reborn guide. So just scroll down to the guide and enjoy.
Step 1: Launch Kodi and go to the gear icon (Settings Icon) in the top-left corner on the main screen.
Step 2. While in the Settings Menu, click System Settings > Add-ons. Now turn on “Unknown Sources” from the right-hand side options.
Step 3. It will open up a warning box. Click on “Yes” and go back to the Kodi Homescreen.
Step 4. Click “Settings” icon as shown in Step 1.
Step 5. From the Settings Menu page, click “File Manager” and then double-click on “Add Source”.
Step 6. Now click on “None”.
Step 7. Type “http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/” in the address bar. Keep in mind you have to add the path without the quotes as shown in the image below.
Step 8. Now name the media source as “JesusBox” and click “OK”.
Step 9. Now get back to the Kodi Homescreen. Select Add-ons and click on the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner of the screen.
How To Download Movies From Youtube
Step 10. From the next menu, click “Install from Zip file” and then select “JesusBox”.
Step 11. From the next pop-up screen options, select “repository.jesusboxtv-1.0.3.zip”. Note that the version number could change with future updates.
Step 12. Wait until you see the notification “Jesusbox Repository Add-on updated”.
Step 13. Now refer Step 10 and this time select “Install from Repository” instead of Zip file.
Step 14. Select “Jesusbox Repository”
Step 15. Select “Video Add-ons” followed by “Genesis Reborn”. Now click “Install” option.
Step 16. After you click “Install,” you should see “Genesis Reborn Add-on Installed” notification on the top right corner of your screen.
Step 17. Now get back to Kodi home screen and click “Add-ons”. You’ll find Genesis Reborn addon on the right side. That’s it. Enjoy!!!
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
How to install Genesis on Kodi 17.6
You can install Genesis Kodi Add-on from Kodil repo. I am using Kodi 17.6 Krypton for this guide, however, it should also work for Jarvis. There will be a minor difference in navigation. You can also update Kodi to the latest version.
Let’s start with Genesis installation steps now.
#1. Go to Kodi Settings > File Manager
#2. Click Add Source > Click “None”
#3. Add Kodil repo URL – http://kdil.co/repo/ and type “Kodil” in the name field. Click OK.
Alternate URL – http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/
#4. Go to Kodi homepage and click “Add-ons” menu on the left sidebar.
#5. Open “Package installer” (the box-shaped icon)
#6. Open Install from Zip file > Click Kodil > Click Kodi.zip
#7. Now, wait for the notification. You should see www.kodiisrael.co.il Repo Add-on installed on the top right of your screen.
#8. Open install from Repository > Kodil Repository > Video Add-ons
#9. Navigate to “Genesis” Add-on. All these Add-ons are listed alphabetically, so scroll down to “G” and then search for Genesis.
#10. Click Genesis and then hit “install” button. Wait for some time and you will get the notification Genesis Add-on installed.
#11. Go to Kodi homepage > Add-ons > Video Add-ons. Here you should find Genesis Kodi Addon.
If you face buffering issues, you can also install Real-Debrid on Kodi for new HD sources and fast streaming.
Cinema HD is also trending these days. If you want to give it a try, here is how to install Cinema APK on FireStick.
Kodi is no doubt a wonderful Open-source Media Player software. It allows you to access tons of videos, music, and other entertainment mediums with the help of Add-ons similar to Genesis Reborn.
If you are facing any issues while installing Genesis Reborn Kodi addon on FireStick or PC, comment below.
Related:Liked the Guide? Don't Forget to Share with your Family & Friends
Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Update: Even though Genesis Reborn has been one of the most popular addons for a long time now, it is no longer available. Since its repository no longer exists, there’s no way of installing this addon. To try something else, check out the best Kodi addons that still work.
Featuring popular movies and TV shows, Genesis Reborn provides access to a wealth of high-quality streaming options (often with over 40 different streams, and even supporting 4k streams). At the center of the experience is a rich, directory-based interface that’s populated with detailed information about each movie and TV show episode.
By reading this article, you will learn how to install the Genesis Reborn Kodi addon. There’s also an inside peek of Genesis Reborn, to show you what can expect once you have it up and running. Without any further ado, let’s jump right in.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Things You Should Know About Genesis Reborn Kodi Addon in 2019
Kodi addon repositories are online sources of files that you can install to extend the functionality of this application. You can access these addons and install them directly through the Kodi interface: no need to fiddle around with downloading and extracting files into different directories. Being that these online repositories are typically maintained by the community, and given the rapidly changing nature of addon development, repositories can be unpredictable. It is, however, the most convenient method of installation and the only way that we recommend you enjoy Genesis Reborn.
How To Download Movies For Free
The best way to install Genesis Reborn is through the Jesusbox repository. It contains the most up-to-date version of this add-on, and it’s a well-maintained repository. We don’t recommend other methods of installation due to the complexity. Advanced users are welcome to use other methods if they find that the Jesusbox repository doesn’t suit their needs.
Essentially, there are two things you need to do to enjoy the Genesis Reborn add-on. First, you need to tell Kodi where to find the add-on. This is the first step, known as installing the repository. Second, once Kodi knows where to find the add-on, you need to actually install it.
Important Note: Before diving any deeper, we need to make sure that your Kodi accepts third-party addons. To do this, you need to visit Kodi’s Settings and make a few simple adjustments. Don’t worry, we are here to help.
Make sure to read our guide on how to enable unknown sources on Kodi. This is where you’ll find all of the needed information, so please use the provided link. Then, keep reading this article.
20 Steps to Install Genesis Reborn Addon on Kodi
Let’s begin by installing the Jesusbox Repository, and then we’ll use that repository to install Genesis Reborn.
- Open Kodi and get to the System Settings screen by clicking on the gear icon on the top-left of the screen.
- Access the File Manager by clicking on the Folder Icon.
- Click on the ‘Add source’ option.
- Click on <None> in the ‘Add file source’ dialog. We’ll be entering a custom location next.
- Type in the following web address exactly as http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo, then press Enter or click on the OK button.
- The Jesusbox Repository is now added as a source of files in Kodi. You’re now in the ‘Edit file source’ dialog box. Look at the bottom of the field that says, ‘Enter a name for this media source.’ Type in a recognizable name for the repo, such as ‘Jesus Box Repo’. Click on the OK button below the field.
- You’ll be taken back to the File Manager screen. To confirm that your changes have been saved, you should see a folder representing the repository you just added. It’ll be named whatever you just entered in the previous step (i.e. ‘Jesus Box Repo’).
- Go back to the Kodi Home Screen by pressing Escape on your keyboard until you reach the home screen.
- Click on the ‘Add-Ons’ menu option on the left.
- On the top-left of the Add-ons screen, click on the Package icon (it looks like an opened box) to reach the Add-ons Browser screen.
- Click on the ‘Install from zip file’ option on the Add-on Browser screen.
- The dialog box appears. Find and click on the ‘Jesus Box Repo’ option to connect to the Jesus Box Repository.
- Click on the repository zip file. In this case, it’s repository.jesusboxtv-x.x.x.zip.
- Once you click on it, you’ll be brought back to the Add-on Browser screen. A notification will slide in from the top-right informing you that the Jesusbox add-on was successfully installed.
- Next, click on ‘Install from repository’ in the Add-on browser screen.
- Click on Jesusbox Repository in the ‘Install from repository’ screen.
- Click on ‘Video add-ons’ in the Jesusbox Repository screen.
- Find and click on Genesis Reborn in the ‘Video add-ons’ screen.
- Find and click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Allow the installation to run. You’ll get several notifications in the top-right about the add-ons that are being installed. Once it’s done, you’ll see a checkmark next to the Genesis Reborn selection.
Now you’ve successfully installed the Genesis Reborn Kodi Add-on! You can find the Add-on with all of your other Video addons.
What to Expect from Genesis Reborn Addon?
Now that you’ve installed Genesis Reborn, you can see it alongside all of your other video add-ons. For many Kodi users, that means that it’s conveniently on the home screen. Next, let’s take a look at the different options present on the addon’s home screen.
- Genesis Reborn Movies & TV Shows: The two main categories come with a huge library of movies and TV shows. There are many ways to browse what’s on offer by going into sub-categories. When you find something you’d like to stream, Genesis Reborn will scrape the Web for available sources and offer links to different sources.
- My Genesis Reborn Movies & TV Shows: To make use of the ‘My Genesis Reborn’ TV Shows and Movies sections, you’ll need to connect your Trakt.tv account and IMDb account, both of which have lists of media you want to track. To add these integrations, go to the Genesis Reborn main menu. Then enter the Genesis Reborn Tools menu followed by the SETTINGS: Accounts menu. There you’ll see an option to enter user information for a range of services, including IMDb, Trakt, and TMDb.
- Genesis Reborn New Movies & TV Shows: If you’re looking for only the latest movies and TV shows, then you’ll want to head straight into the Genesis Reborn New Movies section. Movies released in the current and previous year are located in this section.
- Genesis Reborn Channels: If you’re looking for a more relaxed channel-surfing style experience, the Channels Section is for you. There’s a small selection of movie channels as you can see. It’s a great way to relax and check out movies that you might not have thought to look for. You can see that there are a few channels that focus on a particular genre, such as action, crime, and sci-fi. Other channels that don’t have a genre-focus typically show recent popular movies.
- Genesis Reborn Tools: If you want to add subtitles or exclude certain sources from being indexed, this is where you’ll find those options. We highly recommend visiting this part of the addon to make sure you’re using it in the way that fits your needs.
- Genesis Reborn Search Menu: Finally, there is an option to lets you search for titles across the entire addon.
Kodi and its addon community have come a very long way from its roots back when Kodi was called XBMC. Now, with community-maintained repositories and continued interest in addon development, Genesis Reborn opens up an ocean of popular content for its users in 2019.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to post a comment below. Also, we would like to ask you to share this article on Facebook and Twitter, especially with other Kodi users. Thank you!